Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend Away

Just a few days have passed and I’ve been dying to get back on here! In April, while visiting family in NC, I decided I would go back down with Nola (alone!) over the July 4th holiday weekend. It was a feat but very memorable and worth the blood, sweat and Nola’s tears to spend the time with our family and their friends! Although I knew all along what I had signed up for and the amount of work it would take to do it alone, I couldn’t help but feel a small degree of sadness that daddy was at home, working hard, missing out on these moments he didn’t get the opportunity to see for himself. I sent him pictures via text throughout the trip but…it’s never the same. Sometimes I wonder if we could OR SHOULD give it all up and live a more simple life….
Nola @ Wrightsville Beach NC

Nola and her cousin Davis sharing the cake mix

Nola with her cousin Makayla maxing and relaxing

Face painting at the 4th festivities

Brum brum

sleepy at the fireworks...and probably a little scared

BEAT!

and just like that, we're back to our normal routine and living the dream...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment